Welcome

Refreshing Fruit of the Spirit

Thursday, March 31, 2011
We all know how refreshing fruit is, especially the Fruit of the Spirit.  Everyone should be refreshed spiritually? There have been plenty of times that I needed to be; invigorated, reminded to get back on God's path,  need to be prayed for, need to kneel before God and ask for His help and forgiveness. Also, to be reminded that God is here to help me and I can't do anything without Him. 

I need to be stimulated by reading the Bible, to refresh my memory of who is in charge of my life, God. Always reminding myself that only God knows what's going to happen next and it's my job to remember to say to myself or out loud, "the Lord willing," will I get anything done.  Need to replenish myself spiritually and be restored by His word. 

There are times that I need to humble myself, ask for help. It's okay for me to ask for prayer or go to the alter during alter call and kneel before our Lord, Jesus Christ. I need to always pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (New King James Version)
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Found that reviewing the "Fruit of the Spirit" helps me to check myself. Am I bearing good fruit? 

Remember that you need to concentrate on bearing good fruit and that each tree is recognized by it's fruit. You are the trees, do you have good or bad stored up in your heart? Do you need to clean out your pantry and replenish it with what is good for you spiritually and emotionally? 

No one is perfect and without sin, so let's clean out those pantry's and don't forget to stock it with the Fruit of the Spirit. God bless you!

Love: Love is not based on emotions or feelings. It's making a commitment to focus on the well being of others without conditions or circumstances. For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

Joy: More than happiness, gladness not based on circumstances, good health, wealth, favorite, or popular. You will experience joy when you believe, obey and receive God, minister to others, fellowship with other believers and share the Gospel. Jesus said: " I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have the full measure of my joy within them." John 17:13

Peace: Contentment, unity between people, a state of being assured and lack of fear. Peace is harmony, fellowship and unity between people. No worries, can't be disturbed and unable to be suppressed or have oppressive thoughts. "Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification." Romans 14:19

Patience: Slow to speak and slow to anger. Restraining one's self from speaking or acting hastily when they disagree, oppose or persecuted. Having patience and bearing problems or pain without any complaints. "A patient man has great understanding, but a quick-tempered man displays folly." Proverbs 14:29

Kindness: Merciful, sweet, tender an eagerness to put others at ease. "A kindhearted woman gains respect, but ruthless men gain only wealth.  A kind man benefits himself, but a cruel man brings trouble on himself.  Proverbs 11:16-17

Goodness: Generously giving person and open hearted. A selfless desire to be generously open hearted to others, above what they need and deserve. "Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever." Psalm 23:6

Faithfulness: Dependable person who keeps up with their responsibilities, loyal to their friends and firmly devoted to God. "Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart." Proverbs 3:3

Gentleness: Someone who's demeanor is humble, calm and non-threatening. Speaks of God in a gentle way with respect. "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near." Philippians 4:4,5

Self Control: A well behaved person who restrains their emotions, actions and desires. In harmony with our Lord. Doing God's will by controlling their self, not living for their self.
"Like a city whose walls are broken down is a man who lacks self-control." Proverbs 25:28


No comments: