Welcome

My Brokenness…

Friday, February 26, 2010
My Brokenness…: "

Amy Stavnes is serving up our devotional today! Welcome her!



Around our house if something gets broken such as a toy and new batteries will not fix it, then it is broken.  Broken is broken to me.  It usually will not get repaired because I do not have the time to stop and investigate how broken it is in order to fix it.  As I was trying to “fix” one of my kid’s toys with new batteries, it occurred to me…broken is broken with God. He does not see me as any better or worse than my neighbor.  The worst person I can think of on this earth is no more broken than me.  Broken is broken {period}.


God longs for the broken to come to Him.  He does not see my brokenness in levels nor does He compare my brokenness to my neighbor’s.  He longs for me and He longs for my neighbor.  He wants to fix me.  He wants to fix me forever, not just temporarily with a new charge of batteries.  He has the only everlasting repair that will fit perfectly in the hole of my heart.  He sent the one and only fix to my brokenness and the beauty is that it was not just sent for me.  It was sent for each and every child of His.  The only thing that will repair my brokenness is Christ in my heart which leads to the beauty of one day being perfect in HIM.


Heal me, O LORD, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.

Jeremiah 17:14


How beautiful is the thought that you and I will not be discarded because of our brokenness?  God has the time to heal me and my brokenness.  God, the creator of all of the universe, has time to “fix” me.  He not only has the time, but He longs to “fix” each and every one of us through His son, Jesus Christ.  He is waiting…do not feel that you are broken beyond repair.  Come to Him and you will be repaired for eternity through his Son.


He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live fore righteousness by his wounds you have been healed.

1 Peter 2:24


Questions~

1.  Have you ever felt broken beyond repair?

2.  Do you lay your broken pieces at His feet?

3.  What healing do you need from Him today?

Prayer~

Dear Gracious Lord,

I come before you, your broken child, who longs to be perfect through your Son.  I pray for forgiveness for all of my brokenness that I try to fix without you.  Please be with me Lord and show me how to live for you each and every day.  For it is through your Son that I have healing.  I pray that I can be a light for you that shows the healing you have done for my broken nature.  I love you, Lord.  I praise you for your wonderful works and ways.

In Jesus’ name I pray.

Amen.

In Him,

Amy

A Little About Amy…

She’s  a Southern girl (okay woman) who loves the Lord. She’s married to the man of her dreams.  Together they have been blessed with three amazing children.  God has just blessed her family again by placing a child in their hearts and they have begun the journey of adopting from Ethiopia.   Her life is filled with family activities and a desire to raise her children as strong Christians. She can be found daily at her website, Filled With Praise.



"

No comments: